Monday 5 November 2012

Courgette Balls

 

As a foodie I'm always on the lookout for what's new! I spotted these speckled round courgettes in my local veggie shop yesterday.

Sainsbury's tell us they were developed by a Dutch Farmer who is one of their suppliers. After he noticed that some of his crop had a tendency to grow in a round shape (rather than the usual long and thin) he bagan crossbreeding them. The only difference is in their shape. They taste exactly the same and contain the same minerals and vitamins

They are the size of cricket balls so big enough to be stuffed,but with what? Ingredients like quinoa, ricotta, rice,tomatoes, peppers, parmesan, and mushrooms are coming into my mind. Time to disappear into the kitchen and see what I can create!



.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment