Wednesday 11 September 2013

Pear, Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad


Pears, Walnuts and Gorgonzola cheese are a classical combination for a salad. I scattered them on some Mesclun leaves and drizzled them with a mixture of three parts of walnut oil to one part of white balsamic vinegar. Freshly ground black pepper and salt were added to taste.

I crumbled only a little of the Gorgonzola into the salad as a larger amount makes this salad too heavy and rich for my taste . But I did use plenty of freshly toasted walnuts and sliced pears.

Fried boneless chicken thighs were served alongside.

This week I am playing with a bottle of Uncle Joe's walnut oil. I think its mild, nutty flavour worked really well in this salad .

There's still some left in the bottle so I'll post some more recipes as I create them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment