Friday 12 October 2012

Antipasta Salad


Sometimes I ring the changes and instead of artfully arranging all the individual ingredients for an antipasta seperately I toss them casually together and turn them into a salad which also gives the flavours a chance to mingle.

For this antipasta salad I used a mixture of black olives, red and yellow chargrilled peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and chopped Italian parsley. The dressing was made from olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.

I always halve the cherry tomatoes which gives the dressing a chance to soak in and flavour them. The kind of olive oil used does make a difference in this salad. A fruity flavoured one such as Lupi Cold Pressed Extra Virgin is good. But one from a boutique vineyard, though expensive, will be  more delicious.

I encourage everyone to help themselves from the bowl with a large spoon and serve crusty ciabatta . alongsife. Good for lunch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment