Ghee may seem like an unusual ingredient to use when making a sweet corn salad but its high smoke point allows the corn to brown without burning.It also adds a deliciously nutty flavour which combines surprisingly well with the tangy citrus chilli salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee ( or 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil) in a frying pan,
- Once hot, add 1 crushed clove of garlic and a drained 400g can of sweetcorn and fry these over a moderately high heat until the sweetcorn is starting to brown lightly.
- Add 1 chopped spring onion and fry for a further minute.
- Put the contents of the frying pan into a ceramic bowl .
- Add a squeeze of lime/lemon juice (optional)
- Season to taste with Tio Pablo Citrus Chilli Salt
- Add lots of chopped coriander and toss.
- Serve warm.