Thursday 16 August 2012

Gok's Stunning Stirfried Mushrooms




Here is a pic I took of the stir fried mushrooms I cooked from Gok's new recipe book today. The dried shitake mushrooms were from our local Asian food market and were surprisingly cheap. After soaking they have an earthy flavour and slightly chewy texture which complimented the button mushrooms I used. 
Gok used a mixture of different varieties of fresh mushrooms and this would, I am sure, have both tasted and looked even nicer but this would have made this dish much more expensive.
I haven't quite mastered the art of shredding the spring onions to make a decorative garnish.
But this dish , with a flavoursome broth including some dry sherry, light soy, fish sauce and oyster sauce made a really delicious vegetarian main.


No comments:

Post a Comment