Monday 22 September 2014

Green Salsa











There is still a copious amount of coriander growing in our garden so what better way to use some of it up than in this fresh green salsa I created this morning.
It's good  to add to an eggy sandwich filling as well. For the base I used Tio Pablo Salse Verde. This mild Mexican salsa contains tomatillos , a green fruit which is related to the cape gooseberry .

It's been fun playing with a box of Mexican ingredients which Tio Pablo sent me. I had been wanting to try my hand at creating some recipes with a Mexican flavour  . My gluten free daughter  recommended their products and  as I like the fact that they are a New Zealand company with a  healthy approach  I was happy to give them a try out.



Ingredients:


4 tablespoons of Tio Pablo Salsa Verde
2 teaspoons of capers
A small handful  of finely chopped coriander












Green Egg Sandwich


To make a Green Egg Sandwich you need :








I hard boiled egg
1 tablespoons of Green Salsa
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
Mash altogether and use as a sandwich filling.





No comments:

Post a Comment