Saturday 2 August 2014

Chickpea,Tomato and Avocado Salad with Chilli and Lime Dressing.


I had my first taste of Anathoth Farm Hot Chilli Relish today. It wasn't quite hot enough to blow my socks off but it was close, and I love it!

I mixed it with freshly squeezed lime juice to make a dressing for a healthy tomato, chickpea and red onion salad. To tone down the heat (just to please the rest of the family) I added a chopped avocado . A handful of chopped coriander was the finishing touch. 

Ingredients:

1 can of chickpeas (drained)
1/2 red onion ( peeled and finely sliced)
1 large or 2 small avocados (peeled and chopped)
2 large tomatoes (squeezed to remove the juice and pips and then cubed)
1 heaped tablespoon of Anathoth Farm Hot Chilli Relish (more or less to taste)
The juice of 1 lime
A handful of chopped coriander

Method:

Mix the chickpeas, onion, avocado and tomatoes together .
Dress with a mixture of Anathoth Farm Hot Chilli Relish and freshly squeezed lime juice.
Season with salt and taste.
Add more hot chilli relish if you like more heat!
Stir through plenty of chopped  coriander.

Thanks Anathoth Farm for sending me a sample of this new product to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment