Friday 3 April 2015

Potato Salad with Cactus Nopalitos

With the addition of some tender cactus nopalitos, citrus chilli salt and chopped coriander  I have just turned a plain old potato salad into a tasty dish which would not go amiss as part of a Mexican themed barbecue.

There's just enough left of the summery weather to plan one.

To make it

  • I chopped two boiled waxy potatoes ( skins left on)  and  2 hardboiled eggs , sliced 1-2 spring onions ( white part only) and put these into a salad bowl.
  • I rinsed and chopped some La Costena Tender Cactus Nopalitos  and added .
  • I stirred  some Tio Pablo Citrus Chill Salt and a clove of smashed garlic into 3 tablespoons of  fruity olive oil. Then added 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar.
  • I tossed this dressing lightly through the salad.  
  • And added plenty of chopped coriander.
The only change I might make next time is to use 1/2 chopped red onion instead of the spring onions to add a little more crunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment