Saturday 23 January 2016

Very Berry Cabbage and Carrot Salad

This crunchy colourful healthy salad is almost a meal in itself. I created it while I was playing with some Fresh As freeze dried blueberry powder this weekend.
The blueberry flavour was not as strong as I had hoped as the pomegranate molasses stayed dominant but it added some fruity depth.
I usually make this salad with orange juice but the freeze dried blueberry powder in the dressing made a nice change.

The next time I made it I added a handful of pitted and sliced cherries as they are in season right now turning it into very berry salad.

Ingredients:

1/4 red cabbage finely chopped
3carrots
a handful of chopped mint
a handful of pistachio nuts
3 tablespoons of raisins
a handful of pitted and sliced cherries

Dressing:
Shake together until well mixed
4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of Fresh As Freeze Dried blueberry powder
A pinch of salt

No comments:

Post a Comment