Saturday 8 February 2014

Valentine's Day Butterscotch Chocolate Tarts.






This recipe is so easy I almost felt I was faking it. But if it's delicious, does it matter if you simply gather a tub of Puhoi creamy butterscotch custard, a packet of Edmond's flaky puff pastry , and a bar of Whittaker's dark chocolate and put them together in your own heartfelt way?

All I did was to cut out small hearts from a sheet of the pastry and baked these for about 10-12 minutes at 200C until they were golden brown. Then I cut out circles of pastry and pressed them into small tart tins. They were pricked  with a fork and baked at 200C,

If you make these start checking after 10 minutes. As different ovens have different temperatures they may take a little longer. The pastry rose somewhat alarmingly but I pressed it back into the tins, protecting my hand from burning with a teatowel.

As soon as they came out of the oven I filled the hot tartlets with the cold butterscotch custard and sprinkled them with some grated dark Whittaker's chocolate. The finishing touch were the little pastry hearts,

We ate them at once. It was the combination of the hot flaky pastry and the chilled buttterscotch custard which made them so delectable!

No comments:

Post a Comment