Tiny meatballs are great to pass around at a party and these ones disappeared really fast. I spiced them with coriander and cumin and used Anathoth Farm Hot Chilli Relish as the dipping sauce.
1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
500 g of mince ( I use a good quality prime mince so not too fatty)
2-3 slices of bread (enough to make 1 cup of crumbs)
1/2 cup of grated carrot
2-3 tablespoons of Anathoth Farm Hot Chilli Relish
1 teaspoon of salt
A couple of tablespoons of olive/rice bran oil for frying
- Dry fry the cumin and coriander seeds until they are toasty and fragrant.
- Grind in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
- Use a food processor to make breadcrumbs from the slices of bread.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- At this stage I like to take a heaped teaspoonful of the mixture, flatten it slightly, and microwave it for 30 seconds.then taste and if necessary add more salt to the meatball mixture
- Make into small balls and fry in two batches so that the meatballs don't touch each other. I find that shaking the frying pan gently rather than turning them with a spatula worked best.
- Stick a toothpick in each meatball.
- Serve at once with a bowl of Anathoth Farm Hot Chilli Relish for dipping.